Our Consulting Services
Scope of Service: PacRim surveys industrial, commercial and multi-unit residential properties for the presence of regulated materials and potentially hazardous environmental conditions i.e., asbestos, lead, silica and mold. PacRim prepares comprehensive plans for the effective and efficient management of such materials or conditions. The company also over sees third party contractors during the implementation of our management abatement plans
Hazardous Materials Consulting
We help our clients achieve peace of mind by providing the expertise they need to maintain compliance with the complex laws that govern regulated and hazardous materials or conditions.
- Building / Facility Surveys for Regulated Building Materials (Asbestos, Lead, Universal Waste).
- Hazardous Condition Assessments for Asbestos, Lead, Mercury, PCB, Heavy Metals, Silica, Legionella, Mold.
- Specification Writing and Design Services for Abatement, Demolition and Deconstruction (for material salvaging).
- Reviews, Inspections, and Audits of GC and Sub-contractor compliance work plans and practices in accordance with applicable laws for abatement and demolition.
- Hazardous Materials Abatement Project Management and On-site Oversight for Schedule Adherence, Risk Management, Safety and Cost Control.
- On-site Air Monitoring for Asbestos, Lead, Silica, Mold, Radon and Indoor Air Quality
- Water Management Program for Legionella, Lead, Moisture Testing and Comprehensive Corrective action plans for mold.
- Employee Awareness Training includes Silica, Asbestos, Lead, Mold (Water Intrusion) and Indoor Air Quality (Impacts of Changes in Construction).
- Inspection and Audit of contractor paperwork.
- OSHA 30 Construction Safety Monitoring and reporting.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is a constantly changing interaction of complex factors and a major concern to businesses, building managers, tenants, and employees because it can impact the health, comfort, well being and productivity of building occupants
Industrial hygiene is the science of protecting and enhancing the health and safety of people at work and in their communities. Health and safety hazards cover a wide range of chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic stressors. Those dedicated to anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling those hazards are known as Industrial Hygienists. They are professionals dedicated to the well-being of people – at work, at home and in the community. (ABIH.ORG)
Our in-house PLM/PCM laboratory, gives us complete control over all aspects of sample analysis and turn-around time, resulting in a superior level of quality. Our PLM lab is accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab Code: 101631-0) and takes part in proficiency rounds, ensuring our customers the very best in analytical precision and accuracy.
Asbestos Bulk Sample analysis
Asbestos air sample analysis
Lead sample analysis.
Leed Building Credits
LEED ND v2009 submittal Requirement’s data is prepared by PacRim by our LEED Waste Report and Documentation Services. Reports provided by PacRim prior to start of construction and demolition showing materials and quantities identified as asbestos, lead, PCB, mercury and universal waste requiring special disposal or recycling.
Mold and Moisture
Mold spores are commonly found in the air inside buildings and on most surfaces, including clothes, walls and furniture. Most spores found indoors originate from outdoor sources. Problems occur with mold growth, which is usually caused by moisture intrusion (e.g., failure in building envelope, leaking pipe, etc.).
Analysis and identification
Corrective action plans
Remediation Monitoring Programs
PacRim’s safety compliance services allows our team to assist in your project safety monitoring. We an provide additional staff for short or long term projects when you need a “safety guy” on the project. Our OSHA 30 trained staff can meet the requirements as a competent person for your project. All employees are First Aid/CPR certified.
Onsite Safety Monitor
Site Specific safety plans